The EasyCAT HAT allows to a Raspberry board to become an EtherCAT® Slave. The union of the world Raspberry and the world EtherCAT® will allow you to create innumerable devices for the automation in a simple, rapid and economic way. Some of the possible applications are:
- I/O devices both analogical and digital with possibility of pre-elaboration and elaboration of the signals as averages, linearizations, filters, etc …
- Generators of PWM signals to pilot motor and other
- Serial gateways RS-232, RS-485, CAN, Modbus TCP/IP, ecc …from and toward EtherCAT®
- Operator Panels
- Detection and data storage
- Emulators of other EtherCAT® devices
CharacteristicsThe EasyCAT HAT allows to exchange on the bus EtherCAT® 32 byte in input and 32 byte in output, configurable up to 128 byte. The communication is totally managed in Hardware and the exchange of data with the processor is made via SPI.
The EasyCAT Shield can support three types of synchronization: Free RUN, SM Sync and Distributed Clocks.