The EasyCAT PRO is a module for interfacing the EtherCAT® Bus with generic microcontroller and CPU such as: PIC, ARM, etc... to create EtherCAT® Slave Devices. Some of the possible applications are:
- I/O devices both analogical and digital with possibility of pre-elaboration and elaboration of the signals as averages, linearizations, filters, etc …
- Generators of PWM signals to pilot motor and other
- Serial gateways RS-232, RS-485, CAN, Modbus TCP/IP, ecc …from and toward EtherCAT®
- Display TFT Touch EtherCAT®
- Emulators of other EtherCAT® devices
CharacteristicsThe EasyCAT PRO allows to exchange on the bus EtherCAT® 32 byte in input and 32 byte in output, configurable up to 128 byte. The communication is totally managed in Hardware and the exchange of data with the processor is made via SPI.
The EasyCAT PRO can support three types of synchronization: Free RUN, SM Sync and Distributed Clocks.
The EasyCAT board is shipped configured for 32+32 bytes, I.E. it is capable to exchange, out of the box, 32 bytes in input and 32 bytes in output, with an EtherCAT® master.
This is very simple, as everything is already defined and the user has nothing to do other than accessing the input/output variables in his application, but, in some situations, it may be useful to modify this fixed pattern, to better meet our needs. For instance it could be required to exchange more than 32+32 bytes, or to customize the names and the data types of the variables, in order to use them in a more comfortable way in our application.
The Easy Configurator is a software tool that allows you to do this in a simple and immediate way without having to dig into the complexity of the EtherCAT® specifications.
- ARM (Raspberry, Embedded Systems, SoC and others)