The Shield EasyCAT allows to an Arduino board to become an EtherCAT® Slave. The union of the world Arduino and the world EtherCAT® will allow you to create innumerable devices for the automation in a simple, rapid and economic way. Some of the possible applications are:
- I/O devices both analogical and digital with possibility of pre-elaboration and elaboration of the signals as averages, linearizations, filters, etc …
- Generators of PWM signals to pilot motor and other
- Serial gateways RS-232, RS-485, CAN, Modbus TCP/IP, ecc …from and toward EtherCAT®
- Display TFT Touch EtherCAT®
- Emulators of other EtherCAT® devices
CharacteristicsThe Shield EasyCAT allows to exchange on the bus EtherCAT® 32 byte in input and 32 byte in output. The communication is totally managed in Hardware and the exchange of data with the sketch Arduino is made through a library furnished with the EasyCAT together with the file XML EtherCAT® Configuration File (ESI).
Uno, Mega, Due, M0Pro, Zero, 101.
Library EasyMASTERThe EasyMASTER is a library that allows an Arduino board with an Ethernet Shield 2 to become an EtherCAT® Master, as you can see from the video below. The library allows you to create a complete line with EtherCAT® Master and Slaves.